Friday, November 09, 2007

a working girl in london

a few things to note about actually working in london:

  • last night i got to have a true working london experience wherein i went out to the local pub for drinks with my co-workers. i learned today that the pub has been open since the 1300s and the city is threatening to shut it down so locals are signing an online petition.
  • in said pub, if i even set my drink down for a moment they would take it away from me - i lost 3 3/4 full beers this way.
  • i went with two colleagues around the corner to have take out burgers. trying to be healthy, i ordered a chicken burger (if for nothing else than to get away from beef for a moment), when i opened it up, it was a friend chicken burger, completely negating my one healthy choice!
  • many of my colleagues in this office are two finger typers - is it just me or is that weird?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

watch out for those "friend" chicken burgers! they'll charm ya.

having already worked 40 hrs. in 4 days, I decided to take the p.m. off for a change since it looks like I can afford it at the moment

this makes me very happy