Wednesday, February 13, 2008

seriously?

i'm mostly posting here today/ this week to move some things off this landing page.

#####

now for the real post.

i went to the gym on monday night for the first time in almost a month. i didn't want to go (but knew i would feel better if i did). it was my only free night in the last two weeks and the only one on the horizon. i secretly wanted to use that one night to go home and curl up on my couch and hide from the world - the emails, the unknown, etc. instead, i went to the gym.

completely enjoyed myself. got some nervous energy out. maybe did some work on the little extra belly bulge i'd love to have disappear. and then...then i went back into the locker room to gather up my things and head home for dinner. except for the part where i came around the corner in the locker room and some woman, completely oblivious to my entry, was picking at her feet - the blisters, the dry parts, the....and for some reason i thought i was going to throw up.

i don't care what you do in your home, we all do things inside our personal spaces that are acceptable there, but not acceptable in public. i think picking your blisters and throwing your dead skin on the floor is one of them. um, yuck!

maybe if i'd been in a different frame of mind, a different stress level i would've ignored her - instead, i bit my tongue, glared at her, made a big scene of getting my stuff out of my locker and huffed out.

b/c seriously, i don't need to see a stanger's dead skin on the floor of my gym on a monday night - that's just nasty.

No comments: