Wednesday, August 12, 2009

i didn't mean to, honest....

i didn't mean to disappear after i'd finally gotten things up and running again. and i especially didn't mean to disappear after throwing out the question of how to exercise with theboy in my life and my eating diaries and all that. i promise.

it's just that since i wrote that all sorts of crazy happened. crazy like construction on my condo and a new car and my parents visiting. and then things like drains clogging and talks of buying a new house and tons of work crazies and suddenly i was having little to no time to blog.

i will tell you that operation "less fat girl, little pants" (lfglp) is going well over the past couple weeks. i've been hanging out with the doctor/trainer when our schedules allow but have also done a good job of reintroducing running into the mix.

it's been 5 years since i ran my first marathon (3 since my last) and at some point a couple years ago after my knee injury, my body just stopped wanting to run, so i let it. but then a couple weeks ago i was out for a walk and i suddenly had this urge to run. so i ran my normal 3 mile walk course and was amazed at how great i felt, how strong my body is and how unbelievable it is that our bodies can do that. another marathon's not on my list right now, but i'm pleased to be introducing the running back into the mix.

i've also been doing so well with my eating! even on my bad days, i'm still eating much smaller portions and lately have been extra enjoying my weekly organic fruit and vegetable box. (plus my work started a small farmer's market and i've been picking up some extra produce there from my co-workers gardens). last night i made dinner for theboy - a yummy whole wheat pasta with roasted tomatoes, zucchini, shallots, basil and olive oil (all but the oil from co-workers or organics). yum! and i'm excited to have leftovers for lunch today.

theboy and i are taking a stay-cation next week complete with a couple days of OR camping and whatnot, but i hope to get back on the regular update train soon.

No comments: