Wednesday, July 08, 2009

in other news...

avocado watch 2009 is still on. i've eaten through my whole stash, but theboy just let me know that we have plenty more. (for those of you not following me elsewhere, we ended up with something like 26 ripe avocados so it's been all we've eaten morning, noon and night).

however, i did accidentally eat at mcdonald's two times while we were camping last weekend. well, not accidentally. that stuff is like crack to me and i try not to eat it, but twice (driving both ways) we ended up in a total bind and it was the easiest thing to shove down my hatch. (read: not exactly the best weight loss program).

the next few weeks are a bit chaotic for me with work travel and family visits and whatnot so i'm banking on the end of July and August to be the official kick-off to get yourself back together 2009. my biggest struggle is how to manage working out and being in a relationship. in the past (like when i was training for marathons or super fit or whatever), i was always in a relationship with healthy eating and working out. now, although theboy is super supportive, we have bowling league and family/friend engagements and the hope to just sometimes spend time together which makes the whole in a relationship with the gym bit more difficult. i've cut almost all drinking out of my diet, but man my ass needs to get on a treadmill and be introduced to the gym more often than the once a week when i pay for a friend and a workout. ugh! any thoughts on this one? and before you spout off telling me to get up earlier, let me just point out that i am not a morning person (just ask my mom - it's not even worth speaking to me before i'm awake much less asking me to get up earlier).

the upside is that i randomly found my silver matte dome ring previously thought to have been misplaced at the hilton hotel in bellevue, wa plus i got a couple other cute fun rings...

1 comment:

Eve Stone said...

man, if you can figure out how to fit in workouts with a super busy schedule, a not so much into working out boyfriend & hating mornings... let me know!