Thursday, December 07, 2006

we kind of knew this was coming...

by we, i mean you and me, readers...i've actually been holding off posting this week because i had a feeling...

last night i went to have dinner with some people i'd never met before (not a single one of them); the most i'd done was emailed with one to find out the date/time of our dinner.

confession: i answered a craigslist ad about an upscale dinner group. i belonged to one in seattle (not from craigslist) and it was a favorite activity - i'd really been missing it since the great pdx migration.

i almost didn't go. honestly, because i didn't know one thing about these people except that a few of them were friends - they could've been 15 or 50, any sort of political, religious or other type of affiliation and because i always, always have to psych myself up when i go to meet new people - it had been a long day.

i arrived at le pigeon just a few minutes late and was met by a table full of very charming people of varying ages (a nice mix for sure). there were only two new people and for some reason the people thought my profession was very interesting so they were asking me a lot of questions, but then...then something happened and i just couldn't shut up and i was talking and talking and talking and well, some of you might know that i like to talk but i usually try to shield people from my detailed stories and endless babble until they've met me a few times.

at one point one of the women asked me why i joined or something and i honestly started my reply with "well, i really like to talk..." meanwhile in my head i'm thinking shut up, shut up shut up, stop being that girl.

in the end i couldn't help myself and pretty much chatted non-stop for the entire meal - we'll see if they ever invite me back.

but, c'mon me? in that situation? i think we kind of knew this might happen...

PS - if you are ever in pdx, totally go to le pigeon but bring a friend and sit at the bar. i'd say it's a must...

No comments: