Sunday, March 09, 2008

beginnings and endings...?

i've seen both in my brief return to portland this week.


beginnings: on my way to the airport in las vegas, i was propositioned by my cab driver who, as it turns out, has a son just a couple years younger than me. he was looking for a sugar mama (his words not mine) and when i told him that i was neither rich nor interested, he gave me some great tips on places to go in vegas if you want to get away from everything vegas.

endings: sitting in the pdx airport this morning, the guy next to me gets on the phone. i wasn't really listening to his conversation until he started in with something along the lines of "well then i guess i won't be calling you anymore - good luck with your life." in my mind, this guy just did the classic online dating follow-up and was told that his lady friend wasn't interested. one of the most interesting things about the dating are the endings. it's complicated to end something that never really began...

i'm traveling for a week, but will be sure to update if anything interesting happens.

2 comments:

little ms. notetaker said...

I'm not sure I like how "endings" have evolved with internet dating. My most recent way to end it has been cancelling my subscription and just falling off the fact of the match.com earth. Mature, I know.

little ms. notetaker said...

I meant face, and that's a fact. :)