Wednesday, September 13, 2006

smacked in the face with fun (and other random happenings)

WARNING: This post is B-O-R-I-N-G, boring!!! I'm just so busy that I can't think of anything to write about other than what I've been up to.

So here goes. Here's what I've been doing in the last week when you maybe thought I was MIA.

* I reminded myself that sometimes it's fun to use capital letters and correct punctuation when writing.

* I've been working like a madwoman managing too much stuff, but my first major event in my new position (for approx. 600) is on Monday so that's why I'm not blogging, not calling, not emailing, not anything except finalizing and traveling.

And now, on to the ways in which I've been smacked in the face with fun:

* Last Friday night, I went on a super long walk with my friend the lumberjack (great pet name, eh? I didn't decide it - her bf's sister did). we walked all through this beautiful park. btw, did you know that Portland has the highest rate of green space/parks per capita of anywhere in the US or some such statistic? Then we went back to lumberjack's house for some Thai, wine and chatter.

* Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the soapbox race finals with some new PDX friends. What fun! Mostly it reminded me of some themed fraternity party from when I was in college, but I enjoyed the sun, innovation and general boozing. This event was followed by the exploration of my new hood and the Belmont Street fair.

* Saturday night Rosie came over for dinner when I inexplicably got a wee bit too intoxicated (honest, i did not drink THAT much). We caught up on all things as we hadn't seen each other in weeks.

* Sunday I laid in a pile for most of the day and then went bike riding and to lunch around the SE - great fun.

* This week I'm crazy traveling (yesterday), in PDX today and tomorrow and back to Seattle Fri - Mon. Expect posting to be sporadic and less than fascinating unless I happen upon something that my internet friends can't live another moment without knowing.

I promise to entertain you next week.

No comments: