Thursday, September 28, 2006

while were on the subject...

at the end of this post, i mentioned the spanx. today, i donned a clean pair of them to increase the svelte look of this pinstriped skirt. the last couple times i've worn the spanx, it's led me to have this internal dialogue (carrie bradshaw style) and now i'm bringing it to you, the internets. because, i can't help but wonder...when wearing the spanx am i fronting as someone i'm not?

spanx are essentially a body slimmer, right? and if i'm wearing a body slimmer under my clothes then even though i may be presenting a sleeker more streamlined version of myself, i'm essentially presenting a slightly altered version of myself. and then i get to thinking about how this isn't really any different from the women who use the cutlets to enhance their busts (not that i have any experience in this area). and then i start to think about how awkward that would be if on a date or something and the cutlet suddenly came out, how your date might be shocked. pretty much that's a little bit similar to these silly spanx - they make me a little bit of something i'm not. at any rate, the difference is not super noticeable (between the wearing and the not), probably mostly to myself but today this whole slight alteration of the body bit is in my head.

just thinking is all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, if you start selling those Hoodia Diet Pills I'll totally buy some from you! Does that sound as gay as I think it does? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Your post raises and interesting question and it's a bit of a pickle. Back in the day women used to wear girdles so you never knew what you would get when it came off but that fad has been out for at least the last 30+ years.

That brings me to the Wonder Bra, the bane of the male species, what a fitting name for that product, not because it does wonders for the visual appearance of a woman’s bust line, but because men all over the world are wondering what size some chicks rack really is, because if she’s in a wonder bra she might not be sporting anything other than mosquito bites, but the Wonder Bra makes her look like an over flowing B cup. I think that is a significantly crueler form of deception than some girl wearing something that makes her behind look ½” smaller than it really is.

Ultimately, the final decision is yours and how comfortable you are with it. I wear two sometimes three pairs of underwear, depending on the tightness of my pants, to help conceal my ample package. I don’t do it to misrepresent myself, I do it to so chicks wont stare at my crotch or just talk to me because I am packing heat, in the end I just do it so I feel more comfortable around others, and if Spanx do that for you than go for it. Plus it has to be easier for a girl to explain to a guy why she’s wearing Spanx then it is for a guy to explain to a girl why he’s wearing 3 pairs of manties.