Tuesday, February 13, 2007

no sleep

i didn't sleep last night, but not exactly due to a bout with the insomnia that sometimes rules my life. i woke up at 1:15am physically ill so the television, my bathroom and i spent some serious qt in the wee hours of the night.

i ate a spinach salad for dinner last night - i thought we were back on spinach in this country? are we not and i just forgot? maybe it was the cheese or the tomatoes or the chicken. it's pretty hard to tell when some random somewhat smarmy waiter/cook/whatever is the one who made my dinner. maybe i was drugged, but my overactive imagination kind of doubts it. c'mon, i was having dinner with a 2 year old. ooh, maybe he germed up that french fry he shared with me...

i'm working today, pretending that last night never happened. well not all of it, just the part where i couldn't sleep. i had carpool plans this morning and cocktails with a new friend tonight and my personal mantra has always been if you're too sick to go to work, you're too sick to do anything. guess i'm not very sick. instead, i jumped out of bed and put on one of my best power outfits - i feel sleek and sexy and i lost 3 lbs. since yesterday. not the healthiest of diets...

my head's not into work this week. yesterday during a meeting i found myself staring out the window (not even daydreaming) just annoyed that we were even having the conversation we were having. i did what i always do when i just can't deal - i cleaned every inch of my desk, no more random piles of paper. is it 2 yet? i'd like to go to my next meeting, then skip out with a co-worker for a quick cuppa and a catch up, the clock can't move fast enough...

maybe i'm just tired.

No comments: