Thursday, August 03, 2006

cranky

i'm in one heck of a mood today. perhaps the stress of all that i've been dealing with has finally caught up with me, at least that's what i'm going to say it is.

i woke up this morning with a splitting headache and a kink in my neck. every time i move i wince for one reason or another. i'm dropping the f bomb like it's going out of style. i put my IM on busy for most of the day today just so people would stop IMing me - their comments a bit too raw and uncensored for me to stomach when i feel this way. last night i was helping a friend unpack in her new home (a great excuse to get free beer and boxes in anticipation of my upcoming move). i think the grouchiness was already descending and i razzed her about some of her possessions - maybe a bit too much and now i'm feeling bad. i saw a woman in the deli today and the meanest thought crossed my mind as i watched her snarf down multiple pieces of the sample they had laid out - and when the spread ran out she had the audacity to ask for more. no wonder others hate americans, we're greedy and pushy and loud and when i'm grouchy i'll have none of it. i almost walked over and said something, but knew that my mind is not in the right place and it's best to just shut my mouth.

tomorrow, i'll take a much needed break from the office and the insanity which is my life right now. i'll drive out east, enjoying the scenery and the water and look for a place to have a day hike and a long chat with rosie - a much needed reprieve from this. hopefully some fresh air and exercise will work wonders on my attitude. if not, consider this your warning: i'm a grump and any words and actions cannot be held against me.

No comments: