Friday, August 18, 2006

karma: it does a body good

sometimes i really do wonder about myself.

my co-workers put a new sticker on my cube window yesterday. it's a photo of a woman sprawled out on the ground, a full four on the floor - she's taken quite a spill. i know i've laughed until my sides hurt, with a number of you readers (okay, you one reader), about the all time funniest falls we've ever witnessed. you know, the type that are in slow motion and you want to ask the person if they are okay but for some reason the fall was so hee-larious that you can't even ask.

yesterday, karma bit me back for all those times. i caught the heel of my shoe on the plastic mat under my desk chair when i ran back to my desk, late for a meeting, to grab something i forgot. all of the sudden my feet were out from under me, my desk chair wheeling itself out of the way. i banged my elbow and tweaked my neck and sat on the floor laughing to myself.

no one witnessed my great fall, so there was no one there to ask if i was okay but it made me laugh so hard that i had to tell my two closest cubies what they'd missed. (they're great, they put up the pic later).

one point for karma.

No comments: