Thursday, October 26, 2006

this just in...

i'm my own worst enemy and also apparently quite a klutz.

i came into work a little late this morning as i was having some work done on my house. nevermind that i just spent 5 minutes in the parking lot fixing my make-up b/c i was on the phone crying about something and didn't want to be that girl when i walk into the office.

luckily, in order to counter my slightly less than perfect make-up, i'm rocking this great pair of cuffed pinstriped trousers and some stilettos or at least that's what i think. right up to the part where my heel somehow gets caught in my cuff and next thing i know i'm sprawled out on the floor, my lunchtime broccoli and carrots busted out of their sack and scattered about the floor next to a now very, very bruised pear all of which have flown out of my bag. i've skinned my knee and hurt my wrist, but thankfully no one saw me and i didn't just flat out rip the seam of my pants (it was that kind of fall).

i get up, my wrist throbbing, and laugh out loud for the first time today.

ten minutes later when i head to the kitchen to fill my coffee mug there are still tiny bits of broccoli on the carpet - no one knows my secret...

i may be a klutz, but at least i entertain myself.

No comments: