Monday, October 30, 2006

ready for new

october's been a hard month for me both professionally and personally.

professionally, i've been challenged in both good and bad ways, have been stretched to my limits, practiced working on no sleep (again!) and produced amazing results. this month i've cried about my job, i've been praised by people who didn't know my name six weeks ago and i've been given many, many things to think about in regards to my future career.

personally, i've cried more in this month than i can probably ever remember having cried. i've had to say goodbye to two pets, physically hurt myself (a fall at work resulting in a wrist injury), and mourned the loss of those who were once my closest mates.

it's been a rough month and i'm ready for november - a fresh month, a flip of the calendar page, a different perspective.

with that said, i'm leaving the country for 9 days at the end of the week (primarily for work, but a little for fun) - the housesitter's all geared up, reservations made, bicycles and books and cafes waiting.

you likely won't hear from me until the next month has begun - i can't bear to have to talk anymore about october.

No comments: