Thursday, January 25, 2007

kicked out of the club

remember a while back when i went to dinner club? and how i thought they might not invite me back?

um, apparently i totally got kicked out of the club!!! at the end of last dinner club we decided on a date and location for the next dinner club. i came home and dutifully noted both on my calendar. as the weeks went by and the day drew near, my email was silent, no email reminders, no looking forward to seeing yous, no nothings. then, a couple days before the event i learned that i needed to travel on the date of the dinner club so i went back through my emails and tracked down the leader's info. i sent her a nice email saying i thought the next dinner club was rapidly approaching, i couldn't attend, but wanted to be included next month. no response. now i've emailed with this woman on several occassions so i know that it wasn't the right email address or that she didn't know who i was or...i think i'm getting the silent treatment - FROM MY DINNER CLUB!!!

seriously, i'm used to this happening when i go out with boys and they don't have the balls to tell me they're not interested or they met someone or there's football on or whatever, but my DINNER CLUB??? i'm hurt!

guess it's official, my chatterbox mouth is reason 8760 why i'm not allowed to leave my house. good thing big plans this weekend include recaulking my bathroom window.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll start our own damn dinner club! Seriously, I'm craving Three Doors Down again for starters. We could invite others. I know it's totally not the same thing, BUT I do mean party tricks. Actually, I don't.
And hey,now I have details on your vague lovely weekend. Yeah!--Camille