Monday, April 02, 2007

weekend in review


i celebrated a birthday (mine) over the weekend and couldn't have asked for a better use of my days.



i woke up on saturday morning feeling the tiniest bit sorry for myself, a little tear may have even trickled down my cheek - it's been many years (maybe even 6 or 7 or 10 or maybe all my life) since i woke up by myself on my birthday. i've always had friends or family or roomates or luvahs... someone. but then i realized (in the spirit of self-affirmation and about a million other things i'm working on) that i was the only one who could make my day great. so, i promptly hopped in the shower and began one of my favorite weekends in ages.

saturday highlights include:
  • a fancy coffee drink and some reading time in a NW coffee shop
  • a mani and pedi as a treat
  • a streetcar ride to downtown pdx ending with a view of the new will ferrell flick, blades of glory (during which i laughed out loud numerous times) and some shopping
  • cup cakes from the delicious saint cupcake
  • a quick snack with the doctor prior to getting gussied up to go out with the girls
  • great food and the company of three beautiful, strong women that ended in drinks and discussion that helped round out my day

my time continued on sunday with:

  • the much awaited eggs benedict breakfast at a new and yummy local place
  • the completion of the bedroom painting project started in february
  • a bike ride in the sunny weather
  • a viewing of blood diamond - i cried in the opening scene...

a few hiccups during the weekend (all on my part), but all in all a fabulous weekend put on by me for me. i could get used to this...

No comments: