Wednesday, January 02, 2008

this couldn't wait

i just checked my email, my anonymous email, the one i use for the dating. the one i use so that the people don't know my last name so they don't hunt me down. if i like you, you have my personal email for my personal stuff - the one that has a first and last name and you probably don't even know about the other email. unless, of course, you've been upgraded. if you don't get the first and last name email from the get go it's a pretty sure sign that you're never going to be upgraded, but then again i guess you don't know that.

anyway, i just checked my email. the guy from the "cats as creatures" story just emailed me. started off with the phrase "hey, good looking". ended with suggesting a day in the snow sometime soon. apparently he and i were not on the same date.

can i ask, dear innernets, what on earth makes men feel compelled to write things like that after i've been out with you just one time?! you seem a bit to comfy in something that was over before it began.

this isn't the first time this has happened, i'm guessing it won't be the last.

if i liked you, i'd probably be flattered, but as it stands i'm mostly annoyed.

hmphf!!!

2 comments:

little ms. notetaker said...

Amen sister! I think we are living parallel lives. Here's to the joys of dating... ugh.

Hope you have a fun trip!
Coho

Unknown said...

"the dating" and "innernets"?
You're a comedic genius. I love you.