Tuesday, January 22, 2008

you guys are gonna love this one...

a little story for you.

i'm traveling today and actually staying in one of the crappiest hotels i've ever stayed in for work travel (ick!) good thing it's only one night. (note: this is not the story)

i think a lot of you have met my girls. maybe you haven't met them intimately, but you know of them, have seen them out and about (not literally) but you know, they're kind of hard to miss. the girls normally don't get me into any kind of trouble other than needing to order a size up in a shirt b/c it won't button without pulling or maybe a cat call or two, but we took things to a new level today.

i had a layover today in the dallas/ft. worth airport. my plane had arrived on time, but there was no gate available for us so we sat on the tarmac for about 40 minutes. by the time we arrived at our gate, i had only about 20 minutes before boarding for my next flight - i hadn't eaten anything since 6AM pdx time and it was now 3:30PM local time. i was starving so i dashed into one of those crappy magazine food places and grabbed a sandwich and some chips. i have no idea what possessed me to grab cruncy cheetos (b/c um, i haven't eaten those things in years, but i did). i'm sitting by my gate waiting the 4 mins before they start loading me and this middle aged southern man begins to tell me about the horrible travel day he's had. i'm shoveling cheetos into my mouth (britney style) and carrying on a conversation with him. all is going well until a cheeto slips out of my hand and lands in my cleavage just out of view (but i can see it when i look down). now, i don't want to make this man feel uncomfortable (by trying to fish it out while talking) and i don't know if he saw it happen, but it's kind of itching. so i'm trying to continue our conversation and secretly am racking my brain, mortified, trying to figure out how i'm going to get this thing out. finally, the man gets called for an upgrade (thank god) and i reach down and fish the little cheeto out, silently mortified that i've almost embarrassed a nice southern man, i just got a cheeto out of my cleavage, and good god, a cheeto in your chest?

thank goodness the whole encounter only lasted a few minutes, but i'm still dying...

wonder if under different circumstances someone would've thought it was sexy and fished it out?

No comments: