Tuesday, April 08, 2008

me. speechless.

i don't actually have words right now to describe how wonderful my milestone b-day celebration was. even now, almost two days of coming off the fun/sugar/laughter high, i'm left without actual words. the notetaker, took some pretty detailed notes, so it might be worth hopping over to her blog for some highlights.

things i did come away with:
  • my girls carry a place in my heart that cannot be filled by anything or anyone else - i'm so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women
  • laughter truly is the best medicine - 4 days of laughter puts you at overdose levels (but in a good way)
  • sometimes an all-day buzz, movies and trivia is enough to chalk the day up as a success
  • regardless of marital status, if you put a group of women in a small space for any period of time, the two Bs (boys and body image) will dominate the conversation
  • groups of city girls maybe don't so much belong in country bars
  • the ocean still soothes the soul

there are pictures and quotes and all sorts of things available, but i'll just carry this weekend in my heart.

wise words, from an apparently now wise woman...me.

No comments: