Monday, May 22, 2006

let the good times roll...

This weekend was one of those that was filled with unexpected fun. A moment arrived on Friday when no more work could be done so a co-worker and I ducked out for a couple cocktails and a showing of "Thank You For Smoking". Bad news: the theater was incredibly hot (btw - when have you EVER been in a hot theater?) and with 2 drinks and a week of work under my belt, I fell asleep and missed some of the movie. Good news: We ran into some friends of said co-worker's and they had complained to management. Free movie tickets all around.

Saturday started with a nice run with one of my great new Portland friends. Follow that with a lazy day around the house and you start to think things are going well. On Saturday night we were set to attend the 30th b-day party of one of the b.f.'s co-workers. I wasn't so much looking forward to what I understood to be required drunken debauchery. However, we had a great time traveling to 10 of Portland's finest dive bars in a bright yellow school bus. The drunkeness was not mandatory, but it happened quickly and I spent all of yesterday nursing what might be one of my worst hangovers in recent years. Man, remember the days when you could just power through that stuff?

At any rate, here's a little snapshot of the fun. Me and my new friend, Olivia.

No comments: