Tuesday, May 09, 2006

a marathon nation?

Technically, I guess you'd call it a marathon continent since I just got back from finishing my second marathon this weekend in Vancouver, BC. The weather was miserable and since I had injured my knee in February, I had to walk almost the entire thing! I never knew what sore feet felt like until I walked 26.2 miles in standing water in my running shoes. (Is it me or does that sound a little like that whole walk to school in 4 ft. of snow up hill both ways thing that my parents share out?) The good news is that I was raising money in honor of a friend through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Today I hobbled into work with a blister the size of a golf ball on my heel. Y'all might know I'm a bit of a self proclaimed fashionista so imagine my difficulties in getting dressed this morning trying to plan an outfit around whether or not my foot could tolerate the shoe. It's a travesty indeed! Side note: I had a glorious girlfriend filled weekend in Canada with my friend Trika - well worth the pain for the insight and laughs gained.

#####

The best news of the day? I just discovered a listing for blogs that critique beaty products - who knew?! Watch for links soon.

No comments: