Thursday, July 27, 2006

did you just try to pick me up???

last night, on my way home from work, i encountered what may have been my funniest pick-up line experience of all time.

i'm sitting in my car at a stoplight approximately 10 blocks from my house, my windows are cracked slightly and i'm pondering all of the things i need to get finished before the end of the week. a large tannish/yellow boat of a car - think old cadillac, buick or other ginormous vehicle pulls up beside me. i don't take much notice of the car but do realize that the man in the passenger seat has a rather large afro.

midway through the wait at the light afro man (AM) rolls down his window and shouts "excuse me", clearly he's talking to me. normally when faced with a complete stranger yelling at me through an open car window in the car next to mine, i would likely feign deafness, stare straight ahead and internally plead for the light to change, but it was a beautiful, sun shiney, not too hot day and i was feeling generous so i rolled down my window and said, "yes?".

AM says "do you know this area well?" and i'm thinking he needs directions so i say "yeh, i live here". AM responds, "well i'd like to follow you home and go bumping in your beetle." and for once in my life instead of being completely annoyed or disgusted, i looked at AM, burst out laughing and said, "yeh, i bet you would," rolled up my window as the light changed and drove away.

i spent a good portion of the next half hour just chuckling to myself about the whole interaction because seriously did AM just try to pick up on me?

No comments: