Tuesday, July 25, 2006

one friend, two friend, red friend, blue friend

isn't it funny how making one seemingly tiny (or in my case rather large) change in your life starts a cascade of changes and weird things happen or fall into place?

a few weeks ago i took this new job and i don't know if that was the catalyst for all this change or what, but here i am. now, i have a new job, a new cube, i'm moving (in 26 days to somewhere i don't know about yet), i'm going to buy a house, i'm single (again!), yesterday i heard from two different boys i know (i mean that in the manliest sense) - one who i had just met and one i hadn't heard from in years. old boy (OB for short - the one i haven't heard from in years) suddenly connected me with two friends of his (girls) who both moved to portland (separately) within the past year and now i'm going out them this weekend (or maybe early next week)....two seemingly possible new friends.

in the past crazy week, i've had friends rally around me for a million different reasons - to take me to a movie, to drag me out to my "your next phase" dinner (thanks rosie), to look at a million houses online with me (thanks TX Mama and Mom) to talk me off the ledge or tell me stories that are way more important that what's going on in my life and to just generally give me love or offer it up.

it's a reminder that one can never have too many friends. i always say that friends come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. and no matter why you are here or how long you plan to stay, i'm grateful for you each and everyday.

xo.

No comments: