Monday, July 24, 2006

waiting for guffman

waiting for guffman is one of my all time favorite movies. i love it because a) i pretty much love any christopher guest movie - he's seriously one of the funniest people i don't know, b) because parker posey always makes me want to pee my pants and c) it's a bunch of crazy adults preparing for a town play, wtf?!

here's the kicker, i think i'm waiting for guffman, you know the film critic who's never going to show up. okay, i'm not starring in a film - i had to drop out of that choir i was performing with because the rehearsal schedule got too intense and the costumes were seriously waaaay too much. but, i'm definitely playing the waiting game. waiting for a realtor to show me a house, waiting to find out if i really, really have to be moved out on August 20, waiting to see if some guy will call me back, waiting for my new boss to tell me what needs to be done, waiting...

what if guffman never shows up? that's the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night. well that and the heat. i thought it was bad here, turns out i was mistaken. nothing feels better than getting out of a cool shower only to discover sweat running down your back...i'm thankful that it's monday because at least i had an excuse to come to work and bask in the a/c.

No comments: