Friday, June 16, 2006

Heros

After my post the other day, my dear friend, TX Mama, sent me the most beautiful email about her hero, her beautiful baby girl. She talked a lot about what her daughter teaches her everyday (both good and bad) and how she admired, more than anything, the fact that her daughter is completely real and fearless - a great reminder for all of us on the best approach to life. (note to self: work on being real and fearless that's a daunting task if I ever heard one).

All this talk got me thinking about my heros and where they fit into my life. I think a hero manifests itself in so many forms and I have both literal, real-life heros and figurative heros. So today, I thought I share a few of my heros.

1. My mom. For giving all that she can and could give regardless of what she had to give up for herself.

2. TX Mama. For fearlessly giving herself to her family taking both the good and bad; making a cross county move in support of her husband and their well-being as a couple and continuing to be a support to me no matter what kind of sh*t I bring to the table.

3. All three of the Charlie's Angels. Any girls that can kick that much a$$ deserve the Megan stamp of hero approval.

Let's just start with those three for today.


####

Side note: I had a random weekend. Got some me time,went to a baseball game, was approached by two 15-year-old ish boys (complete with crazy bling teef) asking me to support their basketball league - my first thought? With teef like that you don't need my money. To my "no thanks" one of them responded "God bless you" then immediately did a double take and said "God already blessed you". Man those 15-year-olds...

A got a pedi this weekend, have a peek

No comments: