Saturday, June 10, 2006

technoworld

Over the course of the last couple days, I've been reminded again and again about the power of the internet as not only a way to connect people, but also as a way to make money. The internet has provided us with an opportunity to dream it and truly achieve it. It's not the "American Dream" anymore, it's the "Internet Dream" it still requires you to have some money or roots - you've got to have the infrastructure to achieve it, but if you've got that you're in. Take this blog for instance, a dreamed up way to get my thoughts and feelings out there - maybe you're reading it maybe you're not. Maybe you found this because I sent it to you, but maybe you found it through someone else, but for no fee I'm telling my story to anyone who will listen. It's a technoworld and I'm not talking music.

#####

Speaking of being connected, it's Saturday morning and I'm sitting in the living room of my most delightful Seattle hosts. We're sitting in the round all three of us with laptops open all looking at the same site on our own - it's amazing really. We're having a conversation in real-time, but each in our own worlds just the same. (Hi R & P if you're reading - yes, this happened while you were checking out online TV)Technology both connects and isolates...

This is what you get on a gloomy Seattle Saturday when I have a wee bit of a hangover.

1 comment:

Karin said...

i've found my new favorite blog. megan! thank goodness you're putting your voice into the world - can't wait to read more!