Thursday, June 15, 2006

living out loud

so the whole idea of this blog thing, at least for me anyway, is to live out loud; to put my life and my thoughts on paper; to give some of you an insight into the "real" me or something like that; and to give myself a place to vent when there are no open ears left.

last night, I was discussing the concept of living out loud with Rosie and the conclusion was that although living out loud is a great concept in theory, there are a lot of parameters and an inkling of self-preservation required to make this work. I work really hard to protect the innocent as much as possible, or when required, in this space. Going forward I'll likely give people code names where appropriate but the question of how much to reveal on this site still remains unanswered. If I truly live out loud, then this becomes somewhat of an online diary, a place to share all my inner thoughts, deepest secrets, misdoings, etc. and while this will likely never become that open of a forum (c'mon you guys don't need to know everything) I'm struggling with the cut-off point.

So here's my issue. You all know I'm a story teller by nature, giving you every detail of every story for added flavor and humor. Do you think that's possible to live that way, to share that way and still protect the innocent and myself? Obviously you'll figure out some of the characters in this story and some of you know the stories in real-time so the element of suspense is not necessary, but if I'm going to truly live out loud someone's bound to get hurt. Can you live with that? Can I live with that?

I think it's time to create the site disclaimer....anyone in the legal field? :)

No comments: