Tuesday, June 13, 2006

end of fiscal year blues

A lot of people I work with are singing the blues this week, it's a tough time of year. The end of the fiscal year in the agency world means that funds and job duties are uncertain and that makes people uneasy. Everyone attempts to put on a happy face and power through, but we're out of money, out of energy and a little short on the inspiration.

I'm feeling the pain a bit myself, but on the up side I've been checking into some opportunities and continue to think what will be will be. I can certainly TPC about it all day long, but other than that I don't spend too much time worrying about it.

#####

On the flip side, I had the opportunity to spend some time with Ava (the four week old baby girl of some Seattle friends) and her parents on Sunday. A month into her life and she's a beauty. It's things like her that remind me that this is only a job...

No comments: